Jul 4, 2013

Review: Daiso Silicon Mask

Name: Silicone Moisture Mask
Bought from: Daiso
Price: $2
Rating: 4.5/5


Introduction:

Chanced upon this product randomly and felt so amazed that someone actually made this! I've entertained thoughts of making something similar because even though I love face masking, I find that piece of fabric pretty troublesome some times.



Texture:
Silicon, what else were you expecting ?

Effects:
Keeps the mask snugly onto your face. Prevents moisture and skin care products from evaporating prematurely.

Pros:
- Affordable
- Reuseable
- Helps keep the face mask in place while you go about your daily business. The forehead, nose and chin area is slightly raised and curvy to allow space for the natural reliefs in the face
- easy to clean

Cons:

- Prolong wearing hurts the ears. But then the product wasn't meant for long usage.



Conclusion:
I can see this product being very useful for people living in the cold and dry climate. When my skin allergy was at it's height and I had to travel to colder countries. It was such a torture to my skin because not only were the dry air in the country hurting my face, the super dry air inside the plane was also a challenge.

When I went to Australia last July, I put my hoodie on and covered my face with a serviette (like a mask) to minimise the contact my face had with the dry air inside the plane. My friends laughed at me but I daresay it works! So if a tissue can achieve some results, I'm sure an impermeable silicon can do better.

Now I mostly use it to stop my face masks from falling or drying too fast. Sometimes I also use it as a sort of sealer / steamer to promote the absorption of my nightly skincare routine. It's hard to assess how effective this product is in promoting absorption but at $2 each, its more a hit than a miss to me .

No comments: