Dec 12, 2013

Review: Bourbon Alford chocolates (Japan)

Snack name: Bourbon Alford CHocolates
Price: roughly sgd$1.3 - sgd$2+
Brought from: Random snack stores in Kyoto & Sydney


First chanced upon this chocolate at my Kyoto Hostel (Ayado Gion Hostel) 's pantry. They sold for 100yen which is very affordable and I bought myself a pack as a reward for successfully traveling cross state in a foreign country by myself xD 

Anyway as far as I've seen, there is a minimum of 3 flavors. Milk chocolate, Chocolate and Matcha Chocolate. 



Taste review: 
The chocolate is smooth, relatively rich and fragrant. Admittedly it's not as rich as high end chocolates but its definitely decent. Not the sort with a lot of coco butter that's for sure ;)

As pictured, it comes embedded with a biscuit. The biscuit by itself is plain and soft and doesn't really seem like much. But I think it compliments the chocolate very well. Especially suitable for people like me who doesn't really like very sweet stuffs. Funnily, I didn't see the matcha flavored one in Japan, instead I saw it in Sydney Australia xD 

I've tried all the 3 mentioned flavors and found them to be pretty tasty. They also comes in party pack! So check them out the next time you see them, they are worth the money. 

No comments: