Nov 9, 2015

Getting Data Sim in Kansai

So I visited Japan for the Cherry blossoms earlier this year. While I was there, i bought so-net’s Prepaid LTE Data Sim card. Unlike b-mobile which needs to be pre-ordered and shipped to the airport, so-net’s prepaid data sim are sold either via a vending machine or a shop inside the Airport. Which is of course, extremely useful for people who decide to splurge on a data sim card in the last minute. Not to mention the data plans are the cheapest by far.

 

Official website:  http://www.so-net.ne.jp/prepaid/en/index.html

 

photo_13

 

 

 

 

There are 3 service plans available. Check out the table below.

 

image

 

While 1GB seemed like a reasonable amount for 11 days, I found myself maxing out by day 7 and I didn’t even watch any Youtube videos! It seemed like Samsung Note 3 (phone I was using then) sucks a lot of data. But if you need to top up you account, you can do so online. I had some problem with the website when I topped up with my mobile phone. The confirmation page didn’t come up and I ended up charging 2000 yen to my credit card twice -_____-;; So here’s a heads up for you guys.

 

image

 

 

Here are the lists of locations you can purchase this data sim card.

 

 

Hope you found the video and information useful! Rememebr to leave a comment and subscribe ^^

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thnks

MOMOTOM said...

An International SIM card could be a SIM card that's outlined to operate in different nations. A Worldwide SIM Card requires a Worldwide Framework for Portable communications phones to work.

No Steering SIM Card said...

Rather like conventional SIMs known from smartphones, IoT SIM cards come in completely different shape variables, from scaled-down to miniaturized scale to nano SIMs. These are common in any cellular-connected equipment, as restricted to, e.g., WiFi-connected devices.

The Just Offensive said...

Thiis is great